A webinar was hosted by The Plank Center in early June 2021 to explore the results of the North American Communication Monitor (NACM) and share insights from the researchers.
As a pilot project in Professor Zerfaß's new research field "Business Models for Communications," the utility of business models for communications departments is being examined using the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft as an example. In a multi-stage process, the "Fraunhofer Communications Compass"...
Ansgar Zerfass, Professor and Chair of Strategic Communication at the Institute of Communication and Media Studies at Leipzig University, Germany, has taken up a new role as Member of the Board of Directors of the International Communication Association (ICA). He will also serve as the Chair of...
European communication departments and agencies still struggling to reach digital maturity;
video-conferencing is rapidly taking off in stakeholder communications;
advisor and coach roles may open up new opportunities for communicators
As part of her Master's thesis, Jeanne Link (M.A.) investigated how communication managers deal with ethical dilemmas in digital communication. With the help of a quantitative online survey among German communication managers, she found out which factors are decisive in dealing with ethical...
The winners of the Günter Thiele Prize 2021 are Björn Borchardt (B.A.) and Jeanne Link (M.A.). The virtual award ceremony took place on 16 April as part of the LPRS Forum. The outstanding theses from the Bachelor Communication and Media Studies and Master Communication Management programmes at the...
Professor Zerfass and his team are experts in strategic communication, corporate communications, positioning and management of communication departments, measurement and evaluation, communication consulting, digital communications, CommTech and international communications.
Characteristics of research and teaching at the Chair are:
- Interdisciplinarity: We link communication science with management research and business administration.
- Leadership: We are in close contact with decision-makers in the business world and address topics of strategic relevance.
- Internationality: We have an unrivalled network and joint projects with the leading research universities in our discipline worldwide.
- Theoretical approach: We address fundamental questions instead of small-scale studies and develop innovative theories, concepts and frameworks.
- Future orientation: We identify new topics and shape the future of research, teaching and knowledge transfer on strategic communication.
The following institutions are located at the Chair of Strategic Communication. They support research and teaching at the Institute for Communication and Media Studies in various ways.