Anyone who invests two years or more in a demanding and time-consuming degree programme should have possible goals in mind and check whether they fit in with their own life plans. The Master's programme in Communication Management serves to specialise and deepen professional knowledge in the field of communication management.
- The Master Communication Management in Leipzig appeals to all those who are interested in leadership tasks and responsibility for the success of teams and organisations beyond creative work.
- The degree programme enables students to perform analytically sound and reflective tasks in communication departments of companies, associations, political parties, cultural institutions, non-profit organisations and public authorities.
- Another important professional field is communication agencies and management consultancies with a focus on communication, change, finance or sustainability, as well as service providers in the communication sector.
- Start-ups also often have communicators in their founding teams.
- The degree programme also paves the way for a subsequent doctorate and qualification for a professorship at universities or universities of applied sciences in Germany and abroad.
Both career fields offer excellent prospects. The demand in practice is significantly greater than the capacity of relevant degree programmes, so that when you enter, you have great advantages over career changers with a general communications or technical education. You can also quickly make a career in academia - lecturers in this sub-field of communication studies are constantly being sought at home and abroad, especially at applied universities.
In my day-to-day work, I benefit above all from the strategic-conceptual way of thinking and the feeling for topics and trends that is taught in the Master's programme in Leipzig.
Luisa Bißwanger, M.A., Senior Communication Manager, Procter & Gamble
The Master's programme was a door opener. Today I implement sophisticated corporate communications in an international environment. My tools of the trade? Learned in Leipzig!
Bosse Alexander Klama, M.A., Corporate Communications, GIZ