Qualified fellow students and a motivating team structure are prerequisites for individual success in the degree programme. That's why we take the time for a professional selection process. You can find a lot of valuable information in the video.
INFORMATION ON THE START OF STUDIES IN AUTUMN 2022
- In our information brochure (download below) you will find all the dates, requirements and steps on the way to a place on the degree programme.
- In a webinar (Zoom) on Monday, 25 April 2022, 6 p.m., programme director Professor Zerfass and current students will give an overview and answer your questions.
Please register for the webinar by 22 April to stratkomm(at)uni-leipzig.de with subject "Master webinar".
Please include your name and current university. You will then receive the access data.
- If you still have questions, Helpdesk and Studienbüro will help you.
Please first read the "Questions & Answers" section in the brochure.
For more detailed and individual concerns, please contact the contacts listed there.
We offer the most renowned education in the discipline in Germany. In return, we expect excellent academic performance, high motivation, good subject knowledge and relevant practical experience from our students:
- Subject-specific, professionally qualifying university degree in the field of communication and media studies with at least 70 credit points in the compulsory area (subsidiary subjects are not sufficient, nor are courses in the field of humanities, etc.).
- English language skills (level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages); for non-native speakers of German, proof of German language skills at level C1 is additionally required (according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
- At least six months of practical work in the field of communication management (esp. public relations, advertising, journalism) as a cumulative time value related to a full-time job, e.g. traineeship, internships, professional activity.
These formal prerequisites cannot be replaced by other qualifications. They are regulated in the Study Regulations (SO) and the Examination Regulations (PO). These regulations apply from the winter semester 2021/22.
The programme starts every year in October (winter semester) with 30 places. As there are significantly more applicants, a two-stage selection procedure is carried out, which is described in detail in the information brochure.
- Read current information brochure & prepare application: February to mid-May
- Submit applications (online only): by the end of May
- First stage of the selection procedure: Standardised scoring by the Commission: in May
- Second stage of the selection procedure: Personal selection interview at the University of Leipzig: in July
- Confirmation of place at university or information on placement in the backlog procedure; enrolment: July
- Start of studies: first week of October
|Webinar "Study Master Communication Management"||Zoom||25 April, 6pm|
Application with German or foreign higher education
|AlmaWeb||02 May–31 May|
|Application with German or foreign higher education |
entrance qualification & foreign BA degree
|uni-assist||15 April–31 May|
|Personal selection interviews (by invitation only)||Leipzig||12 July–15 July|
Links about studying in Leipzig
- Questions about studying (opens in a new tab)
- Questions on the Application
- Information on BAföG (opens in a new tab)
- University videos (opens in a new tab)
- Information on the city of Leipzig (opens in a new tab)
- Leipzig University (opens in a new tab)
- City Magazine Kreuzer (opens in a new tab)
- Institute for Communication and Media Studies (opens in a new tab)
- Portal to the start of studies at the University of Leipzig (opens in a new tab)
- Information on studying abroad (opens in a new tab)