After more than twenty years as a lecturer and 16 years as an honorary professor of communication management at the Institute of Communication and Media Studies at the University of Leipzig, Professor Dr. Bernd Schuppener is retiring. During his tenure, the 69-year-old focused on teaching business…
Lara Busch, a doctoral student at the Chair of Strategic Communication at the Leipzig University, was named "Young Professional of the Year" in the German communications industry on November 3, 2022. She received the award at the PR Report Awards 2022 gala in the legendary Kosmos on Berlin's…
Dr. Sophia C. Volk received the Dissertation Award of the International and Intercultural Communication Division of the German Communication Association (DGPuK) on October 27, 2022. The award was presented during the annual congress and was sponsored by the Ludwig Delp Foundation. The jury judged…
These four reference works published by Professor Ansgar Zerfaß and colleagues with leading business book publisher Springer Gabler in German should be owned by everyone who holds a leadership position in communication departments, consultancies or in general management. The fundamentals,…
The results of the European Communication Monitor 2022 have been published today. This year’s edition of the world’s longest-running survey of the communications profession is based on interviewing 1,672 communication professionals from 43 European countries, providing valuable insights for public…
Double jo: Jana Brockhaus and Jeanne Link, Research Associates at the Chair of Strategic Communication at Leipzig University, have been awarded prestigious prizes for their research.
The two colleagues' theses, which were submitted in the graduate program M.A. Communication Management at the…
Professor Zerfass and his team are experts in strategic communication, corporate communications, positioning and management of communication departments, measurement and evaluation, communication consulting, digital communications, CommTech and international communications.
Characteristics of research and teaching at the Chair are:
- Interdisciplinarity: We link communication science with management research and business administration.
- Leadership: We are in close contact with decision-makers in the business world and address topics of strategic relevance.
- Internationality: We have an unrivalled network and joint projects with the leading research universities in our discipline worldwide.
- Theoretical approach: We address fundamental questions instead of small-scale studies and develop innovative theories, concepts and frameworks.
- Future orientation: We identify new topics and shape the future of research, teaching and knowledge transfer on strategic communication.
The following institutions are located at the Chair of Strategic Communication. They support research and teaching at the Institute for Communication and Media Studies in various ways.