Refresh knowledge and keep your finger on the pulse: This was the motto of this year's REFRESH conference on Communication Management, which took place on 22 April 2022 at the Institute of Communication and Media Studies at the University of Leipzig. Around 70 alumni as well as the professors and…
These four reference works published by Professor Ansgar Zerfaß with leading business book publisher Springer Gabler in German should be owned by everyone who holds a leadership position in communication departments, consultancies or in general management. The fundamentals, opportunities and risks…
Anyone who wants to read the just-published third edition of the "Handbuch Unternehmenskommunikation" (Handbook of corporate communications) will have to bring along proficiency in German, patience and energy. The compendium comprises 50 chapters on 1,065 pages, weighing in at around three…
After the International Public Relations Research Conference (IPRRC) had to be held virtually last year, the 25th anniversary could take place in Orlando, Florida in March 2022. The Department of Strategic Communication was represented with two submissions accepted in the anonymous review process.…
We are pleased to be able to provide an overview of the activities of the past year with the just published annual report of the Communication Management teaching and research area at the Institute of Communication and Media Studies at the University of Leipzig.
You can find the annual report as a…
Registration is open from now until 13 April 2022
Professor Zerfass and his team are experts in strategic communication, corporate communications, positioning and management of communication departments, measurement and evaluation, communication consulting, digital communications, CommTech and international communications.
Characteristics of research and teaching at the Chair are:
- Interdisciplinarity: We link communication science with management research and business administration.
- Leadership: We are in close contact with decision-makers in the business world and address topics of strategic relevance.
- Internationality: We have an unrivalled network and joint projects with the leading research universities in our discipline worldwide.
- Theoretical approach: We address fundamental questions instead of small-scale studies and develop innovative theories, concepts and frameworks.
- Future orientation: We identify new topics and shape the future of research, teaching and knowledge transfer on strategic communication.
The following institutions are located at the Chair of Strategic Communication. They support research and teaching at the Institute for Communication and Media Studies in various ways.