Urban inequality in Europe and the United States is so severe that urban elites claim most of the benefits from the agglomeration effects that big cities provide, while large parts of urban populations get little to nothing. In a study published in Nature Human Behaviour, researchers at Linköping…
Institute of Political Science
Leipzig University has been admitted as an associate member to the German-Colombian Peace Institute CAPAZ. CAPAZ is a Centre of Excellence in Research and Teaching of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), and supports scholars and universities from Colombia and Germany in the fields of peace…
Dr. Megan Maruschke recently took up the Assistant Professorship for Global Studies at Leipzig University and talks about her goals for the next years.
Leipzig University is attracting more and more bright minds from abroad. Four scholars from India, the US and Egypt have just begun their time as researchers at Leipzig – each with a fellowship from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation.
The Institute of Political Science at the University of Leipzig bundles research and teaching under the thematic umbrella "Democracy - Education - Europe". Our mission statement is the fact- and problem-oriented analysis of political processes, structures, and contents in a non-discriminatory space.
Learn more about studying political science and teaching civics/legal education/economics.
Our Research Collaborations and Networks
- Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence (opens in a new tab)
- Leibniz Wissenschaftscampus Eastern Europe – Global Area (opens in a new tab)
- Netzwerk Politics in East Central Europe (opens in a new tab)
- Kompetenznetzwerk zur Landes- und Kommunalpolitik (opens in a new tab)
- Kompetenzzentrum Öffentliche Wirtschaft, Infrastruktur und Daseinsvorsorge (opens in a new tab)
- ECPR Standing Group Identity (opens in a new tab)